WHAT WE BELIEVE
Daniel Group believes in :
Daniel Group believes in :
- One true and living God, eternal and self-existent, manifested to man as Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- God the Father as the Sovereign ruler, Creator and Sustainer of all things. He is all-powerful, all-wise and all knowing, omnipresent, holy righteous, loving and infinitely good.
- Jesus Christ as true God and true man, the only begotten of the Father, who for the sake of humanity and its salvation, descended from heaven and became man, having been conceived by the Holy Spirit and born of the virgin Mary.
- Jesus Christ as mankind’s only Redeemer. He died on the cross and shed His blood as a sacrifice for our sins according to the Scriptures; that He arose bodily from the dead, ascended into heaven, and is seated at the right hand of the Majesty on High, and who ministers there as our Priest and Advocate.
- The Holy Spirit as being true God, proceeding from the Father and the Son, whose ministry is to glorify Christ, to convict men of sin, and to empower the believer.
- The Scriptures to be the inspired and inerrant Word of God, written by men as the Holy Spirit inspired them. We believe that it authoritatively proclaims the will of God and teaches us all that is necessary for salvation and for life.
- All human beings being created in the image of God. However, due to their sinful rebellion this image is marred. We further believe that all have sinned before God and it is the will of God that all people should receive salvation through faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.
- Regeneration by the Holy Spirit as being absolutely essential for personal salvation.
- Believer’s baptism by total immersion in water. This identifies us with the death and burial of Christ, and that we should arise to walk in newness of life. We believe that water baptism together with the Lord’s Supper or Communion or institutions of Christ to be observed by the Church.
- Jesus Christ as being the Head of His Church. The true Church is composed of such persons who, through saving faith in Christ Jesus, have been regenerated by the Holy Spirit. We believe the true Church is responsible for the proclamation and demonstration of the Gospel and God’s will to all people. As a charismatic community they also fellowship and edify one another, recognising that the true Church is not only confined to one denomination.
- The Holy Spirit’s work today within the Church through His gifts, fruit and anointed ministers. We believe that the spiritual gifts of the Holy Spirit are given to every believer and need to be activated and exercised to fulfill their divine purpose of blessing the body of Christ. We also believe in the divinely ordained ministries of Apostle, Prophet, Evangelist, Pastor and Teacher.
- The baptism of the Holy Spirit with the evidence of a private prayer/praise language or tongues as promised to all believers, and that such baptism empowers believers to be effective for Christ.
- The Scriptures teaching that a Christian should be a disciple of Jesus Christ living a consecrated and holy life, because they are set apart (sanctified) for God’s purpose. This is a progressive work of grace, commencing at the time of new birth and continuing until the consummation of salvation.
- Believers earnestly pursuing a life of obedience to Gods Word, through faith and submission to the Holy Spirit. This involves abstaining from activities that Scripture regards as being sinful:
- all kinds of sexual immorality, such as adultery, voluntary sexual intercourse of an unmarried person with someone of the opposite sex, prostitution, sexual abuse and involvement with any form of pornography;
- living together. It is Scripturally improper for an unmarried couple in a love relationship to live together in the same home;
- homosexual or lesbian relationships. Scripture describes these relationships as a sinful perversion in the sight of God and excludes unrepentant participants from the kingdom of God. The Church, however, must love the individuals, pray for them and encourage them to repent of their sinful lifestyle and give their lives to Christ;
- instead believers should be protecting the Biblical marriage pattern. Marriage between a man and a woman is an unconditional covenant of God’s design and is therefore subject to God’s requirements and standards as reflected in Scripture. Spouses must live their lives in a way that will protect the honour, dignity, purpose and soundness of the marriage; and
- avoiding divorce. Once a couple marries they are bound together until death parts them and should not be separated by divorce, which God regards as a breach of the marriage covenant. Whilst God may allow divorce in certain specific circumstances, He will never encourage it.
- The doctrine of Last Things. There is an appointed time when Christ will come and take away His Church. We believe in the resurrection and judgment of both the just and the unjust, the eternal blessedness of all the redeemed and the eternal banishment of those who have rejected the offer of salvation.